A modern rug is usually handmade; it has a geometric or contemporary design made of wool, cotton, silk, or cashmere. The diversity in colors and textures will make your room look vibrant and alive.
The modern rug gives you the ability to create warmth while also adding some contemporary style to your home. They can be used for any flooring, including hardwood, tile, or marble floors.
This type of rug offers so many benefits:
● It provides comfort due to its softness
● It helps prevent slipping on wet or slippery surfaces
● They are easy to vacuum thanks to their flat surface
● They come in various sizes depending on the needs of your space
What is A Modern Rug?
A modern rug is usually rectangular and can be patterned or plain. Modern rugs are traditionally made of wool, cotton, silk, cashmere, or a combination of these materials.
Rug designers use their own personal, contemporary paintings as a basis to create traditional, modern rugs. With trendy colors such as charcoal black, cool gray, pure white, and vivid red, the modern rug is excellent for modern furniture.
For a stylish home interior, you can choose a modern rug that will be used for your entryway, dining room, living room, or any other space in your home. In fact, choosing not to use a traditional rug is seen as a fairly innovative idea in today’s interior design culture.
Types of Modern Rugs
There are more modern rug designs than you could imagine:
● Kitchen modern rugs – Kitchen Modern Rugs are usually put over ceramic tile flooring, providing warmth in the winter while preventing slips and falls on the sleek kitchen tile.
● Hand-knotted modern rugs – Hand-Knotted Modern rugs are created using modern technology including computerized beaming, monitors, and modern design styles. Most modern rugs are hand-knotted; however, some newer modern designs use tufting to mimic the look of a hand-knotted rug subtly.
● Modern area rugs – Modern area rugs are designed for specific rooms to create the illusion of space and depth.
How to Care For Modern Rugs
Today’s modern rugs are much different than the rugs that were made years ago. They last longer, use high-quality, durable fibers and components that make them long-lasting rugs.
Modern rugs are usually not machine-washable nowadays. They should be regularly vacuumed or brushed using an upholstery attachment. However, they do require to be shaken or beaten occasionally so the dust can fall through properly.
Modern rugs should never be placed in direct sunlight or near any heat source – typically, they are not fire-resistant.
Where to Buy Modern Rugs
The modern rug design is timeless. There are so many to choose from, but thankfully Rug Source can help you narrow down your choices with our complete inventory of modern rugs that come in many sizes or room options. Let us help you add a touch of contemporary design to your home. Contact us today or visit our website to find the perfect rug for your space!