Are you looking for a rug to add some updated style or modernity to a particular space? Geometric rugs are great at transforming any area of your home or office. They drag a space out of the old and into the new.
Adding a bold or traditional geometric design to your room is a fun way to update the look of your home or office. If you feel like your space isn’t pulled together yet, or if you just want to change things up, a stunning new rug might be what you need.
Designers use “geometric” in two distinct ways when describing rugs:
- The pattern on the rug is geometric in design, such as in Persian or Oriental styles.
- The rug itself has a geometric shape, or the patterns are bold in their use of shape. This design typically occurs in very modern pieces, where the shape and patterns work together to produce the desired effect.
So if you are looking for a geometric rug, first, you need to determine which type you want.
Traditional Geometric Designs
If you are a traditionalist who happens to enjoy beautiful patterns and shapes, you probably want to consider something like a Persian rug. These options work well in many aesthetics. The rugs themselves come in standard shapes such as squares, rectangles, or circles. But the weave provides interesting geometric designs.
Some popular design options include:
- Medallion Patterns – This design is one of the most popular options on the market. Typically, a medallion consists of a large central image with smaller repetitions of the pattern around the edge of the rug.
- Mina Khani Patterns – This design uses botanical elements such as vines, flowers, and leaves. The maker ties these shapes together with ellipses and other circular patterns. Nature lovers often choose the Mina Khani designs.
These types of geometric rugs fit well in a traditional aesthetic. They generally have elegant, muted colors in their designs. Many traditional geometric rugs also bring beautiful multi-cultural nuances to your space. Artisans from the Middle East, Mexico, and the Navajo Nation all use geometric designs. Traditional rugs are lovely for their consistency, comfort, and time-honored longevity.
Bold Geometric Designs
Today, when most people talk about geometric rugs, they are referencing a more modern aesthetic. This design is generally bold and bright, with minimal ornamentation. These rugs draw the eye and make a statement.
Modern geometric rugs offer a clean look that is contemporary and sleek. They provide a hip, updated vibe to any space. While traditional designs can be muted and understated, today’s geometric rugs often use contrasting colors that demand attention.
How Do You Choose a Geometric Rug?
You have endless options when looking for a geometric rug. It may feel overwhelming when it’s time to make a decision. To make a choice you will be happy with, know your space, and have a plan. You will need to consider:
- room size
- furniture size
- color scheme
- overall design aesthetic
Make sure you have all the necessary measurements before you start shopping so that you can get the perfect rug. In many cases, especially when going with a bold design, you will want to go big in your rug choice. Allow the rug to not only complement your space, but also make a statement.
Quality matters in your rug choice as much as it does with any home decor purchase. If you want a geometric rug to be the crown jewel in your home or office, then be sure to purchase a piece made with high-quality materials. When it comes to carpets and rugs, you get what you pay for.
Quality is especially important with modern geometric rugs. Since newer rugs tend to be machine-made rather than handmade, the quality of the materials is critical. Extremely inexpensive rugs will not have the longevity you probably want in your space.
Fortunately, regardless of your budget, there are many options for choosing a geometric rug for your home. With a variety of sizes, colors, materials, and textures, Rug Source has you covered as you decide what you want in your space. You can look for pieces by size and shape or by color scheme.
There is a dizzying number of rugs available for your home design needs. It can feel overwhelming when it is time to make a choice. It’s understandable if you feel stuck in the process. If you feel like you’re drowning in too many rug choices, here are some tried-and-true suggestions for narrowing down your options:
- Choose your colors based on a favorite piece of artwork. Do you have a painting or drawing in your space that is a focal point? Use its colors as inspiration.
- Seek out patterns that bring you joy. Do you love florals? Or sharp angles? Do animal patterns make you smile? Use those ideas to guide you.
- Determine if you want your geometric rug to be the focal point of your room or blend into the background.
- Think about textures. Do you want a rug that is thick and plush, or simple and understated?
- Consider the overall feel of the room. If your space is very square or angular, you may want a rug with curves, circles, or ellipses. When your room has a lot of curves in it, you probably want to choose something with straight lines.
Rug Source Has What You Need
If you are on the lookout for just the right piece to finish off a space, you can add geometric rugs to your list of possible choices. They offer beautiful features and artistry and come in designs that can work in any room.
You will enjoy looking through your choices on our website from the comfort of your home. As you keep in mind your room size, shape, design, and color scheme, you are sure to find a rug that will work for you.
Rug Source is your go-to shop for beautiful rugs that will tie together your space, brighten up a room, and bring you joy for years to come.