If you and your family are trying to figure out how to make a statement with the overall aesthetics of your living, dining and bedrooms, then decorating these rooms with an Oriental rug can go a very long way. All of the Oriental rugs on this page provide very unique designs and patterns, and they’re perfect for upgrading the aesthetics of your home’s more formal areas.
An authentic Oriental rug is an heirloom piece that can be handed down for generations, and they’re great household investments that actually accrue in value over long periods of time. These stunning, durable works of art are heavy and hand-woven. They fit beautifully into a wide range of decorating schemes and come in many colors and styles, so you’ll be able to coordinate with your room’s already existing color scheme.
Within this portion of our Oriental Rugs page, we’ll provide details about what you should consider before making these types of purchases and why our deals are unbeatable here at Rug Source.
Oriental rugs are primarily distinguished throughout the industry by their impeccable craftsmanship and beautiful materials. Oriental rugs are typically produced by highly skilled artisans in locations such as Afghanistan, India or Turkey; and each and every Oriental rug takes a great investment of time and overall labor.
Even an experienced rug-maker will spend up to six months to create a single 6-foot-by-9-foot Oriental rug, which is much longer than the time it takes to produce other more conventional rug styles! Oriental rug creators painstakingly stretch individual strands of wool, cotton or silk across looms, weaving them together into beautiful, storytelling designs that have an incredible amount of cultural meaning within every square inch.
As a testament to the vertical looms on which Oriental rugs are made, they look different when viewed from the top instead of the bottom. Overall, the beauty and purposeful latent meanings behind the aesthetics are virtually unmatched throughout the entire world!
As the largest online retailer of area rugs, Rug Source is pleased to offer a vast collection of discount Oriental rugs. We encourage all of our online users to shop our catalog to explore the many options we provide. Our site allows users to search by a variety of features, including things like pattern, style, shape, age and size.
Many of our Oriental rugs that are available online are completely one of a kind, and we pride ourselves on being able to provide this elaborate selection of world class area rugs to all Web users.
By looking through this page it will be apparent that we truly provide a large selection of fine Oriental rugs that vary in price, patterns and size. You’ll be able to find a newer, 10-year-old rug for your living room, or an antique runner from before 1900! Of course your selection will always be subjective and completely up to you, but our team will be there for you to answer any questions you have while you’re narrowing down your favorite choices.
Some of our most common types of Oriental rugs on our site include the following:
Why Buy From Us?
Rug Source is a leading rug importer offering wholesale prices around 60 to 70 percent below retail, and 30 to 40 percent below our competitors’ rates. There’s absolutely no doubt about it that Rug Source provides an unbeatable combination of quality and affordability, and we also have an incredible selection to ensure that everyone can find the perfect area rug that suits all of their requirements and personal preferences.
Another very important part of shopping with Rug Source is that our team is much more personable than our online competitors, and we’ll be able to help you pick out the very best options from our large database by actually speaking with you and going over the things that matter most to you. We understand how every room in every home is 100% unique, which subsequently requires the absolute perfect match in terms of area rug aesthetics, size and much more.
We also guarantee the lowest online prices and offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee on all purchases. We have a huge selection of high-quality, clean, cheap Oriental rugs for sale, and we’ll be ready to help get you started on your search for the perfect area rug for you and your home.
Finding the right Oriental rug starts with your home’s specific spacing, and of course the specific location that you’re thinking about placing your new area rug. For example, the positioning of rugs with a round or diamond motif in the background (also known as a central medallion) could influence how you’re able to position a room’s furniture.
It’s always a good idea to influence an entire room’s overall aesthetics from the floor up, but of course this isn’t always a luxury you’ll be able to have! In general it’s best to first understand the exact minimum and maximum parameters that will work best with your preferred space, and then look for area rugs within those parameters that match your furniture and existing room design.
If you want more freedom in terms of properly arranging your room’s furniture around your area rugs style, then you might prefer an all-over pattern that can better accompany your desired furniture setup. Likewise, pay attention to border colors and guard stripes, because these features should also play a significant role in complementing your room’s overall aesthetics.
If you’re having difficulty choosing the right Oriental area rugs for your living room or workspaces, contact Rug Source. Our salespeople will be happy to help you and answer any questions you have about our inventory and what your best options will be given the layout of your home!
The typical narrow and long profiles of runner rugs help countless home and business owners in terms of filling in spaces that traditional rugs simply can’t fit. There are many different uses for runner rugs, and you’re going to love Rug Source’s large assortment of choices that can fit any given architectural parameters.
We fully understand how finding the perfect runner rugs will be rather determinant upon your specific space, which is why our team is here to support you with any questions you may have. It’s our passion to support our clients with finding the perfect match for their homes and businesses, and runner rugs are absolutely no exception!
Runner rugs tend to be very ideal rugs for protecting hardwood floors and general high traffic areas like hallways, but there truly is so much potential for these types of rugs throughout the entirety of one’s home. Here at Rug Source, we know that we offer unbeatable prices and variety when it comes to runners; and we want to help you as much as possible in terms of utilizing these very versatile rugs as much as possible.
On this page we’re going to go over our guide to purchasing runner rugs, and this includes informational details, where to place them, common materials and design variations. By going through our guide we guarantee that you’ll have a much more thorough understanding as to just how incredibly useful runner rugs are, and how they undoubtedly can bring the most out of your more narrow spaces!
Runner Rug General Information
Runner rugs are typically long, narrow, rectangular rugs that are specifically designed to fit somewhat tricky spaces that most other rugs simply won’t fit within. They will typically measure out to be about 2 to 3 feet in width, but can be anywhere from 4 to 12 feet in length.
There’s no denying our online inventory’s overall variation in terms of materials and colors, and this is something you can use to differentiate our large assortment to ensure that you’re getting the exact runner that fits within your home’s aesthetics and your personal preferences. It’s important to us to have a wide variety of choices within all our different rugs, and we know that it’s especially important to have runner rug options because of their versatility within so many different rooms and spaces.
But the number one consideration everyone must have when it comes to runner rug shopping is the desired space(s) you wish to decorate, because finding the perfect dimensions is always prerequisite number one!
Where You Should Place Runner Rugs
There are a lot of situations and circumstances that call for runner rugs, and some of the most common places to put runner rugs include the following:
- Hallways: A home or office’s hallways are typically going to endure a lot of daily foot traffic, which makes it pretty necessary to protect flooring over long periods of time. Runner rugs typically are one of the very best ways to not only protect high-traffic hallways, but also to really perfect the space’s overall aesthetics. Make sure you’re getting a runner that’s made of a very durable material (most are), because this rug will need to be able to withstand the wear and tear of everyday traffic!
- Indoor-Outdoor Runners in Kitchen: A lot of homeowners will place runner rugs alongside their kitchen island or in front of their counters. Getting a runner rug that’s stain-resistant and that can be easily cleaned is always a great idea for these spill prone areas. Design and comfort are also important factors for these areas too, though!
- Bedroom Runner Rugs: Runner rugs are great options when you want to add some comfort and style along each side of your bed, but they’re also great options when trying to fill in a narrow walk-in closet as well. Typically these types of runner rugs will be a very soft material so your first and last steps of each day will be like floating on a cloud!
- Laundry/Bathroom Runner Rugs: Runner rugs can always be very important inside a laundry room when it comes to protecting flooring from spills and wet clothes. In bathrooms, it’s rather common that runner rugs are one of the only viable options to adequately fill and decorate the given area! Runner rugs are also great options for mudrooms as well.
Some of the most common materials associated with runner rugs include the following:
- Braided: This type of rug is common within Colonial homes, and a unique factor with this material is that these runner rugs are often reversible!
- Hand-woven: These rugs are typically flat-woven or hand-knotted, and these are always a very beautiful texture that can match any aesthetics.
- Wool: Wool is definitely a high-quality material for runner rugs that will provide a natural, soft feeling. Another great factor of wool is that it’s stain resistant.
- Hooked: These runner rugs are very soft and offer a looped appearance.
Common Design Options
Some common design variations you should consider when shopping for runner rugs include the following:
- Traditional Oriental runner rugs are very popular and offer a great blend of sophistication and a classic aesthetic that will match many different spaces.
- Vintage overdyed runners are a great option for many home and business owners because this design will provide a rather modern twist on the classic Oriental rug designs by utilizing super-saturated colors.
- Braided runners are great options that offer a casual aesthetic appeal that’s inviting and warm for a variety of spaces.
- Moroccan runner rugs are also wildly popular due to their hip, trendy designs.
- Indoor-outdoor runner rugs are typically made from synthetic materials, and the big perk of this type of rug is its overall durability. They’re very low maintenance and can withstand all types of weather if necessary.
- Many professional designers and decorators have been utilizing blue, gray and black runner rugs because they provide a rather modern and fresh appearance for a variety of spaces and home aesthetics.
Reach Out To Our Team For More Information
We know how hard it can be to look through countless rugs online and find the one that’s perfect for you and your home, which is why our team is always here to answer your questions and guide you throughout the shopping process.
Always feel free to contact us online with any questions you have, or call us at either 980-422-4080 or 704-763-0979 so we can better assist you in your search for the very best runner rugs that suit you and your personal preferences!
Wool rugs are some of the most popular in the entire industry, and if you’re looking specifically for wool area rugs online then you’re going to love our incredible selection and unbeatable sale prices. We take a lot of pride in our wool rug selection here at Rug Source, and we fully understand how both residential and commercial properties benefit greatly from the aesthetics and durability of wool.
Wool is known for its incredible combination of both softness and durability that simply has some of the best longevity. Wool is a completely natural material, which helps it so much when you compare it to synthetic counterparts in terms of its ability to stand up to moisture and cold temperatures.
As you’ll be able to see while scrolling through our online inventory of wool rugs, we offer much cheaper prices than all our big box competitors while never sacrificing quality. Our affordability is a big part of our past success, but our customer service is what has always helped fully set us apart from everyone else in the industry.
If you have any questions at all about a specific rug or a group of wool rugs, we’ll be able to get one of our expert team members to assist you and provide the information you’ll need to make a more informed purchasing decision. That’s why we’ve created this guide to purchasing wool rugs, and on this page you’ll learn the following:
- Where to place wool rugs
- Common benefits
- Popular colors and styles
By going through this guide you’ll undoubtedly have a more thorough understanding about how to go about finding your new wool rug. And as always feel free to contact us if you have any questions and would like to speak with one of our experts!
Where to Place Wool Rugs
One of the best features of wool rugs is their overall versatility and variety. They’re great within any room of a home, and they’re also very aesthetic and look great in professional settings. Here are some good options to consider when it comes to the placement of your wool rug:
- There are countless wool runner rugs within our online inventory, and these rugs are unique in that they are long and rectangular and are great for narrow entryways and hallways. But wool runners are very useful throughout the entirety of a home, including in the kitchen, bathroom and next to beds. You can essentially put a wool runner anywhere you’d like to have a warm, soft pathway.
- A lot of homeowners like to showcase large wool rugs, and these larger selections are great for anchoring living and family room seating areas. You can really bring an incredibly complementing aesthetic to these rooms that combines perfectly with your existing furniture with a large wool area rug!
- 8x10 tends to be the wool rug size that fits perfectly at the foot of queen or king size beds. There are many different types of wool rugs for this particular placement, and some popular bedroom options include shag and bright Oriental rugs that provide comforting first and last steps of each day.
- Some of the common sizes associated with oversized wool rugs include 9x12, 10x14, 12x15, 12x18 and sometimes even larger! At these larger sizes, home and apartment owners can place their rug over their carpeting and under all of their furniture within any given room with plenty of additional spatial coverage.
Common Benefits of Wool Rugs
Wool rugs are popular for a variety of reasons, and it goes much further than the softness of the material. The following are some of the most common benefits associated with wool rugs:
- Wool is an elastic fiber, which makes it very resilient and durable. These rugs will be capable of returning to its true shape after all sorts of trauma and stretching.
- Wool is a cozy rug material, so these rugs are always very insulating and warm. The rug’s dense fibers will always thermally trap air pockets.
- A lot of our clients prefer natural materials, and wool just so happens to be one of the most effective natural materials in the industry.
- Wool rugs are great in terms of repelling dirt, which makes these rugs require less maintenance than synthetic counterparts.
- Wool is also rather water-resistant, so it will help you out when a spill occurs!
- Wool is naturally flame resistant, which means it won’t catch as easily as other rugs and the fibers won’t completely melt.
Popular Colors and Styles
Wool has been used within people’s homes for literally thousands of years, and it has stood the test of time as one of the most enduring, beautiful rug materials. Wool is now produced throughout the entire world, and our online selection reflects this truly international marketplace.
Wool rugs come in all shapes and sizes, and some of the common styles and colors to look into while shopping through our inventory include the following:
- Traditional: These wool rugs offer that truly classic aesthetic that goes well within countless home and office designs. It’s very true that you simply can’t go wrong when you choose an Oriental or traditional wool rug accompanied with bold, beautiful hues.
- Warm Neutrals: Some common examples of warm neutrals include colors like ivory, tan and brown. These rugs are typically very easy to incorporate into existing furniture setups, and these colors can also be a great base to build off of when you’re decorating any given space.
- Contemporary: These rugs typically are accompanied with abstract designs and geometric prints that provide a modern, trendy flair to a space.
- Cool Grays and Blues: These wool rugs are a little less bold when compared to contemporary rugs, and although they’re very beautiful and complementary they aren’t considered overly trendy like some other choices.
- Wool Blends: Wool can sometimes be out of some people’s price range, which is why a lot of our clients prefer getting a rug with a blend of wool and other synthetic fibers. A benefit of this type of rug is added stain resistance, and of course even better prices!
We’re Here To Help You Find Your Perfect Wool Rug
We understand that it can be confusing when going through such a large online selection like our wool rug inventory, which is why our team of experts is always here to answer any questions or concerns you have during the shopping process.
Always feel free to contact us online or call us at 980-422-4080 or 704-763-0979 so we can help you with any assistance you need!
The entire sector of geometric rugs is extremely broad throughout our own online inventory and really the whole industry, and this is because geometric rugs fall under a large variety of tribal designs and styles all the way to very contemporary, more modern patterns.
All of us at Rug Source are very proud of our incredibly vast selection of geometric rugs, and we’re confident that some of our bolder geometric rugs can bring an incredible aesthetic factor to any room within a home or office. Geometric rugs are very often the focal point of attention no matter where they’re placed, but they can also be much more subtle and great backdrops to complement your room’s décor.
It will be very apparent as you’re scrolling through our geometric rug selection that we offer the most affordable prices as compared to some of the big box rug providers. We know that our vast selection and sale prices offer an unbridled combination of quality and affordability that differentiates our rug selection from anywhere else online. We know how important it is for everyone to have a variety of affordable options while rug shopping, which is partly why we’ve become popular among professional interior designers and decorators who help countless clients that are on a budget!
Throughout this page we’re going delve into the vast world of geometric rugs and provide you with the information you’ll ultimately need to help you as you’re browsing this beautiful section of our online inventory.
As always you should know that our team of experts is here to support you throughout every step of the shopping process by answering any of your questions or concerns, so feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions and would like to speak with us.
History of Geometric Rugs
Geometric rug designs started becoming very popular in the Anatolia region of Turkey all the way back in the 16th century! Back then abstract animal and geometric designs began to spread all across the globe, and subsequently lead to new variations and weaving techniques.
It’s important to understand the overall history and cultural significance behind geometric rugs, especially within antique rugs, because these designs can provide a story or glimpse into the past that is truly invaluable. It’s in the history of geometric rugs that we see so much investment potential today!
The most common materials used in geometric rugs are wool, polyester and viscose. There also are countless options that are handwoven and made from more synthetic materials, as well as many flat-woven options that are a combination of these common materials.
Although these materials may seem standard, it’s always important to keep material in mind while you’re going through our online inventory. Material truly does matter and can make a difference in a variety of ways, and we’ll always be there to help answer any questions you have about any particular rug’s materials and how it differs from some of your other preferred options.
Where To Place Geometric Rugs
There’s no doubt about it that your geometric rug will be a beautiful piece of artwork no matter where you decide to place it within your home or office, and these rugs are also very versatile in terms of where they’ll match a room’s overall aesthetics.
Some of the common places to put geometric rugs include the following:
- One common option for many homeowners is to place a rather large geometric rug within their living or family room, which subsequently can add a lot of energy to the room’s décor.
- Geometric rugs also work really well in play rooms or children’s rooms because they provide an added element of playfulness to an area.
- Many people prefer to put geometric rugs within their bathrooms as a way to add a little bit of a lighthearted aesthetic.
- Geometric runner rugs are very common for hallways and other more narrow passage ways because they add a little more visual appeal to these somewhat less noticeable parts of a home or commercial property.
Popular Patterns and Colors
Geometric rugs are a very broad portion of our online inventory, so subsequently they come in all different styles and colors. We’ll be able to help you find the very best option for any specific space by providing many shapes and overall sizes.
Most geometric patterns found on our rugs are beautiful and bold, so they do a wonderful job in combining with bold patterns on furniture and wall designs. Most of our geometric rugs will primarily be in the following colors:
- As well as many other available hues
Although the vast majority of our geometric rugs are rectangular or round in shape, we also offer octagon, square and oval rugs as well. So there truly are unlimited options when it comes to the designs and places you can put our geometric rugs within your home or office!
Tips For Finding Your Ideal Geometric Rugs
Although the previous sections have detailed many of the considerations you should think about while scrolling through our vast selection of geometric rugs, there are still some common factors you should be aware of while shopping within this unique rug genre.
Some other tips to keep in mind to find your perfect geometric rug include the following:
- Many spaces that already have a modern aesthetic will go perfectly with geometric rugs. Anywhere you’d like to add some additional energy and fun to will be a good place for this type of playful design.
- Neutral colors are a good option if you don’t want your geometric rug to pull too much attention within a room, but on the contrary brighter colors will work well if you do want your geometric rug to be the focal point of a room.
- Geometric patterns will come in a variety of sizes. Smaller patterns are considered be more classy, while larger patterns are considered to be bolder.
- Some of the most popular geometric shapes found in these rugs include honeycomb, chevron, diamond and herringbone.
Contact Our Team For More Information
We understand how hard it can be to narrow down your options when scrolling through our massive online inventory, and our team of experts is always here to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
We always encourage our clients to reach out to us, so feel free to contact us online or call us at 980-422-4080 or 704-763-0979 to get in touch with one of our experts.