The typical narrow and long profiles of runner rugs help countless home and business owners in terms of filling in spaces that traditional rugs simply can’t fit. There are many different uses for runner rugs, and you’re going to love Rug Source’s large assortment of choices that can fit any given architectural parameters.
We fully understand how finding the perfect runner rugs will be rather determinant upon your specific space, which is why our team is here to support you with any questions you may have. It’s our passion to support our clients with finding the perfect match for their homes and businesses, and runner rugs are absolutely no exception!
Runner rugs tend to be very ideal rugs for protecting hardwood floors and general high traffic areas like hallways, but there truly is so much potential for these types of rugs throughout the entirety of one’s home. Here at Rug Source, we know that we offer unbeatable prices and variety when it comes to runners; and we want to help you as much as possible in terms of utilizing these very versatile rugs as much as possible.
On this page we’re going to go over our guide to purchasing runner rugs, and this includes informational details, where to place them, common materials and design variations. By going through our guide we guarantee that you’ll have a much more thorough understanding as to just how incredibly useful runner rugs are, and how they undoubtedly can bring the most out of your more narrow spaces!
Runner Rug General Information
Runner rugs are typically long, narrow, rectangular rugs that are specifically designed to fit somewhat tricky spaces that most other rugs simply won’t fit within. They will typically measure out to be about 2 to 3 feet in width, but can be anywhere from 4 to 12 feet in length.
There’s no denying our online inventory’s overall variation in terms of materials and colors, and this is something you can use to differentiate our large assortment to ensure that you’re getting the exact runner that fits within your home’s aesthetics and your personal preferences. It’s important to us to have a wide variety of choices within all our different rugs, and we know that it’s especially important to have runner rug options because of their versatility within so many different rooms and spaces.
But the number one consideration everyone must have when it comes to runner rug shopping is the desired space(s) you wish to decorate, because finding the perfect dimensions is always prerequisite number one!
Where You Should Place Runner Rugs
There are a lot of situations and circumstances that call for runner rugs, and some of the most common places to put runner rugs include the following:
- Hallways: A home or office’s hallways are typically going to endure a lot of daily foot traffic, which makes it pretty necessary to protect flooring over long periods of time. Runner rugs typically are one of the very best ways to not only protect high-traffic hallways, but also to really perfect the space’s overall aesthetics. Make sure you’re getting a runner that’s made of a very durable material (most are), because this rug will need to be able to withstand the wear and tear of everyday traffic!
- Indoor-Outdoor Runners in Kitchen: A lot of homeowners will place runner rugs alongside their kitchen island or in front of their counters. Getting a runner rug that’s stain-resistant and that can be easily cleaned is always a great idea for these spill prone areas. Design and comfort are also important factors for these areas too, though!
- Bedroom Runner Rugs: Runner rugs are great options when you want to add some comfort and style along each side of your bed, but they’re also great options when trying to fill in a narrow walk-in closet as well. Typically these types of runner rugs will be a very soft material so your first and last steps of each day will be like floating on a cloud!
- Laundry/Bathroom Runner Rugs: Runner rugs can always be very important inside a laundry room when it comes to protecting flooring from spills and wet clothes. In bathrooms, it’s rather common that runner rugs are one of the only viable options to adequately fill and decorate the given area! Runner rugs are also great options for mudrooms as well.
Some of the most common materials associated with runner rugs include the following:
- Braided: This type of rug is common within Colonial homes, and a unique factor with this material is that these runner rugs are often reversible!
- Hand-woven: These rugs are typically flat-woven or hand-knotted, and these are always a very beautiful texture that can match any aesthetics.
- Wool: Wool is definitely a high-quality material for runner rugs that will provide a natural, soft feeling. Another great factor of wool is that it’s stain resistant.
- Hooked: These runner rugs are very soft and offer a looped appearance.
Common Design Options
Some common design variations you should consider when shopping for runner rugs include the following:
- Traditional Oriental runner rugs are very popular and offer a great blend of sophistication and a classic aesthetic that will match many different spaces.
- Vintage overdyed runners are a great option for many home and business owners because this design will provide a rather modern twist on the classic Oriental rug designs by utilizing super-saturated colors.
- Braided runners are great options that offer a casual aesthetic appeal that’s inviting and warm for a variety of spaces.
- Moroccan runner rugs are also wildly popular due to their hip, trendy designs.
- Indoor-outdoor runner rugs are typically made from synthetic materials, and the big perk of this type of rug is its overall durability. They’re very low maintenance and can withstand all types of weather if necessary.
- Many professional designers and decorators have been utilizing blue, gray and black runner rugs because they provide a rather modern and fresh appearance for a variety of spaces and home aesthetics.
Reach Out To Our Team For More Information
We know how hard it can be to look through countless rugs online and find the one that’s perfect for you and your home, which is why our team is always here to answer your questions and guide you throughout the shopping process.
Always feel free to contact us online with any questions you have, or call us at either 980-422-4080 or 704-763-0979 so we can better assist you in your search for the very best runner rugs that suit you and your personal preferences!