The typical narrow and long profiles of runner rugs help countless home and business owners in terms of filling in spaces that traditional rugs simply can’t fit. There are many different uses for runner rugs, and you’re going to love Rug Source’s large assortment of choices that can fit any given architectural parameters.
We fully understand how finding the perfect runner rugs will be rather determinant upon your specific space, which is why our team is here to support you with any questions you may have. It’s our passion to support our clients with finding the perfect match for their homes and businesses, and runner rugs are absolutely no exception!
Runner rugs tend to be very ideal rugs for protecting hardwood floors and general high traffic areas like hallways, but there truly is so much potential for these types of rugs throughout the entirety of one’s home. Here at Rug Source, we know that we offer unbeatable prices and variety when it comes to runners; and we want to help you as much as possible in terms of utilizing these very versatile rugs as much as possible.
On this page we’re going to go over our guide to purchasing runner rugs, and this includes informational details, where to place them, common materials and design variations. By going through our guide we guarantee that you’ll have a much more thorough understanding as to just how incredibly useful runner rugs are, and how they undoubtedly can bring the most out of your more narrow spaces!
Runner Rug General Information
Runner rugs are typically long, narrow, rectangular rugs that are specifically designed to fit somewhat tricky spaces that most other rugs simply won’t fit within. They will typically measure out to be about 2 to 3 feet in width, but can be anywhere from 4 to 12 feet in length.
There’s no denying our online inventory’s overall variation in terms of materials and colors, and this is something you can use to differentiate our large assortment to ensure that you’re getting the exact runner that fits within your home’s aesthetics and your personal preferences. It’s important to us to have a wide variety of choices within all our different rugs, and we know that it’s especially important to have runner rug options because of their versatility within so many different rooms and spaces.
But the number one consideration everyone must have when it comes to runner rug shopping is the desired space(s) you wish to decorate, because finding the perfect dimensions is always prerequisite number one!
Where You Should Place Runner Rugs
There are a lot of situations and circumstances that call for runner rugs, and some of the most common places to put runner rugs include the following:
- Hallways: A home or office’s hallways are typically going to endure a lot of daily foot traffic, which makes it pretty necessary to protect flooring over long periods of time. Runner rugs typically are one of the very best ways to not only protect high-traffic hallways, but also to really perfect the space’s overall aesthetics. Make sure you’re getting a runner that’s made of a very durable material (most are), because this rug will need to be able to withstand the wear and tear of everyday traffic!
- Indoor-Outdoor Runners in Kitchen: A lot of homeowners will place runner rugs alongside their kitchen island or in front of their counters. Getting a runner rug that’s stain-resistant and that can be easily cleaned is always a great idea for these spill prone areas. Design and comfort are also important factors for these areas too, though!
- Bedroom Runner Rugs: Runner rugs are great options when you want to add some comfort and style along each side of your bed, but they’re also great options when trying to fill in a narrow walk-in closet as well. Typically these types of runner rugs will be a very soft material so your first and last steps of each day will be like floating on a cloud!
- Laundry/Bathroom Runner Rugs: Runner rugs can always be very important inside a laundry room when it comes to protecting flooring from spills and wet clothes. In bathrooms, it’s rather common that runner rugs are one of the only viable options to adequately fill and decorate the given area! Runner rugs are also great options for mudrooms as well.
Some of the most common materials associated with runner rugs include the following:
- Braided: This type of rug is common within Colonial homes, and a unique factor with this material is that these runner rugs are often reversible!
- Hand-woven: These rugs are typically flat-woven or hand-knotted, and these are always a very beautiful texture that can match any aesthetics.
- Wool: Wool is definitely a high-quality material for runner rugs that will provide a natural, soft feeling. Another great factor of wool is that it’s stain resistant.
- Hooked: These runner rugs are very soft and offer a looped appearance.
Common Design Options
Some common design variations you should consider when shopping for runner rugs include the following:
- Traditional Oriental runner rugs are very popular and offer a great blend of sophistication and a classic aesthetic that will match many different spaces.
- Vintage overdyed runners are a great option for many home and business owners because this design will provide a rather modern twist on the classic Oriental rug designs by utilizing super-saturated colors.
- Braided runners are great options that offer a casual aesthetic appeal that’s inviting and warm for a variety of spaces.
- Moroccan runner rugs are also wildly popular due to their hip, trendy designs.
- Indoor-outdoor runner rugs are typically made from synthetic materials, and the big perk of this type of rug is its overall durability. They’re very low maintenance and can withstand all types of weather if necessary.
- Many professional designers and decorators have been utilizing blue, gray and black runner rugs because they provide a rather modern and fresh appearance for a variety of spaces and home aesthetics.
Reach Out To Our Team For More Information
We know how hard it can be to look through countless rugs online and find the one that’s perfect for you and your home, which is why our team is always here to answer your questions and guide you throughout the shopping process.
Always feel free to contact us online with any questions you have, or call us at either 980-422-4080 or 704-763-0979 so we can better assist you in your search for the very best runner rugs that suit you and your personal preferences!
Red and burgundy area rugs will always provide a very sophisticated, warm energy to any given room within a home or office. Red rugs quite easily create focal points within living, dining and bedrooms; and this is mainly because these bright, bold colors naturally draw in a viewer’s attention.
Burgundy rugs tend to be a little less attention commanding, but these deeper hues often work beautifully as a complementing piece of art that accents a room’s furniture and walls without being overwhelming.
Our affordable options and unique rug selection beats out all of our big box online competitors, and our unbeatable customer service is what has always set Rug Source apart from the rest of the industry. Professional decorators and interior designers choose us time and time again for our high-quality, affordable options; and everyone else likes working with us because we go above and beyond when it comes to assisting our clients in their search for the perfect rug match.
On this page we’re going to discuss our guide to purchasing red rugs, which includes information pertaining to why they’re great for home décor, important considerations to keep in mind, and tips for finding your perfect red rug.
We understand that you’re likely to have questions or concerns when going through your final options on your way to purchasing your next area rug, which is why our team of experts is always here to support you throughout every step of the rug shopping process.
We always encourage our clients to reach out to us when they have any questions or concerns pertaining to our online inventory, so contact us online today to speak with one of our team’s experts.
Why Red Rugs For Home Décor?
Red area rugs always are absolutely fantastic when it comes to developing a classic ambience within any home’s décor, and these rugs are truly timeless and have remained in style for centuries!
Feng Shui is the general design practice of striking balance between our living spaces and the natural world, and in Feng Shui our living and dining rooms are meant to coincide with the earth element. This type of earth element typically consists of warm reds and browns, which makes these rug colors one of the best suited options for any Feng Shui décor approach.
But no matter what design approach you’re going for with your home or workspace, red is known to bring about the following traits into any given space:
Feng Shui may limit your combination limits when using red as your rug color (like painting your walls red too), but we’re confident in how red area rugs complement other earthy tones. You can always play around with decorating rules to find the perfect combination of aesthetics that work best for you and your space!
Important Considerations In Knowing If A Red Rug Is Right For You
Area rugs are always a very crucial part of interior design, which is why professional decorators will utilize rugs as floor artwork or to complement the rest of a room’s aesthetics. But with red rugs, you’ll undoubtedly achieve both of these design objectives.
Ensuring that you’re getting the right red rug for your home or office necessitates going through the following considerations:
Size: Getting to your perfect area rug is a lot like getting that just right Goldilocks fit within your desired space. A good rule of thumb to follow with getting an adequate rug size is ensuring that the rug is at least big enough to cover a rooms entire seating area, and then a little more. You don't want your area rug to take up the whole room, but if you’re able to put the front feet of each furniture piece down on the rug then you’re on the right track!
Pile: Pile, or thickness, is typically determined upon personal preferences. Low pile rugs tend to be a bit sturdier, while high pile rugs are softer and more luxurious. High traffic areas can many times take a toll on large area rugs, so if you’re considering a high pile rug try to make sure it’s safe from excessive foot traffic.
Tips For Choosing The Perfect Red Rug For Your Room
Material, thickness, size, design and shape are all great foundations for figuring out the perfect area rug for your desired space, but you should also consider some of the following more intricate tips throughout your rug shopping search:
Traditional rugs provide a more Old World ambience to a room, which offers sophisticated, elegant energy. Many burgundy shades combined with antique floral prints complement travel-themed spaces and modern aesthetics.
When planning a red or burgundy rug as a room’s focal point, try to complement the rug with a décor full of other warm, neutral hues or browns. This creates a luxurious, yet grounded ambience.
Reach Out To The Rug Source Experts Today For More Information!
Our vast collection of red and burgundy rugs is a beautiful portion of our online inventory, and we’re always more than happy to assist our clients with any questions or concerns they have about any given item within our site. If you need any assistance while making your next rug selection, we’ll be able to quickly set you up with one of our experts who can get you the information you need to find the rug that perfectly matches your existing room aesthetics and personal preferences.
Contact us online or call us at 980-422-4080 or 704-763-0979 today so we can help you find the perfect rug for your home or workspace!