The typical narrow and long profiles of runner rugs help countless home and business owners in terms of filling in spaces that traditional rugs simply can’t fit. There are many different uses for runner rugs, and you’re going to love Rug Source’s large assortment of choices that can fit any given architectural parameters.
We fully understand how finding the perfect runner rugs will be rather determinant upon your specific space, which is why our team is here to support you with any questions you may have. It’s our passion to support our clients with finding the perfect match for their homes and businesses, and runner rugs are absolutely no exception!
Runner rugs tend to be very ideal rugs for protecting hardwood floors and general high traffic areas like hallways, but there truly is so much potential for these types of rugs throughout the entirety of one’s home. Here at Rug Source, we know that we offer unbeatable prices and variety when it comes to runners; and we want to help you as much as possible in terms of utilizing these very versatile rugs as much as possible.
On this page we’re going to go over our guide to purchasing runner rugs, and this includes informational details, where to place them, common materials and design variations. By going through our guide we guarantee that you’ll have a much more thorough understanding as to just how incredibly useful runner rugs are, and how they undoubtedly can bring the most out of your more narrow spaces!
Runner Rug General Information
Runner rugs are typically long, narrow, rectangular rugs that are specifically designed to fit somewhat tricky spaces that most other rugs simply won’t fit within. They will typically measure out to be about 2 to 3 feet in width, but can be anywhere from 4 to 12 feet in length.
There’s no denying our online inventory’s overall variation in terms of materials and colors, and this is something you can use to differentiate our large assortment to ensure that you’re getting the exact runner that fits within your home’s aesthetics and your personal preferences. It’s important to us to have a wide variety of choices within all our different rugs, and we know that it’s especially important to have runner rug options because of their versatility within so many different rooms and spaces.
But the number one consideration everyone must have when it comes to runner rug shopping is the desired space(s) you wish to decorate, because finding the perfect dimensions is always prerequisite number one!
Where You Should Place Runner Rugs
There are a lot of situations and circumstances that call for runner rugs, and some of the most common places to put runner rugs include the following:
- Hallways: A home or office’s hallways are typically going to endure a lot of daily foot traffic, which makes it pretty necessary to protect flooring over long periods of time. Runner rugs typically are one of the very best ways to not only protect high-traffic hallways, but also to really perfect the space’s overall aesthetics. Make sure you’re getting a runner that’s made of a very durable material (most are), because this rug will need to be able to withstand the wear and tear of everyday traffic!
- Indoor-Outdoor Runners in Kitchen: A lot of homeowners will place runner rugs alongside their kitchen island or in front of their counters. Getting a runner rug that’s stain-resistant and that can be easily cleaned is always a great idea for these spill prone areas. Design and comfort are also important factors for these areas too, though!
- Bedroom Runner Rugs: Runner rugs are great options when you want to add some comfort and style along each side of your bed, but they’re also great options when trying to fill in a narrow walk-in closet as well. Typically these types of runner rugs will be a very soft material so your first and last steps of each day will be like floating on a cloud!
- Laundry/Bathroom Runner Rugs: Runner rugs can always be very important inside a laundry room when it comes to protecting flooring from spills and wet clothes. In bathrooms, it’s rather common that runner rugs are one of the only viable options to adequately fill and decorate the given area! Runner rugs are also great options for mudrooms as well.
Some of the most common materials associated with runner rugs include the following:
- Braided: This type of rug is common within Colonial homes, and a unique factor with this material is that these runner rugs are often reversible!
- Hand-woven: These rugs are typically flat-woven or hand-knotted, and these are always a very beautiful texture that can match any aesthetics.
- Wool: Wool is definitely a high-quality material for runner rugs that will provide a natural, soft feeling. Another great factor of wool is that it’s stain resistant.
- Hooked: These runner rugs are very soft and offer a looped appearance.
Common Design Options
Some common design variations you should consider when shopping for runner rugs include the following:
- Traditional Oriental runner rugs are very popular and offer a great blend of sophistication and a classic aesthetic that will match many different spaces.
- Vintage overdyed runners are a great option for many home and business owners because this design will provide a rather modern twist on the classic Oriental rug designs by utilizing super-saturated colors.
- Braided runners are great options that offer a casual aesthetic appeal that’s inviting and warm for a variety of spaces.
- Moroccan runner rugs are also wildly popular due to their hip, trendy designs.
- Indoor-outdoor runner rugs are typically made from synthetic materials, and the big perk of this type of rug is its overall durability. They’re very low maintenance and can withstand all types of weather if necessary.
- Many professional designers and decorators have been utilizing blue, gray and black runner rugs because they provide a rather modern and fresh appearance for a variety of spaces and home aesthetics.
Reach Out To Our Team For More Information
We know how hard it can be to look through countless rugs online and find the one that’s perfect for you and your home, which is why our team is always here to answer your questions and guide you throughout the shopping process.
Always feel free to contact us online with any questions you have, or call us at either 980-422-4080 or 704-763-0979 so we can better assist you in your search for the very best runner rugs that suit you and your personal preferences!
Handmade rugs come in all different shapes, sizes, designs and color palettes, but there’s also a distinct quality coincided with handmade rugs that simply sets them apart from the rest of the rug industry. Although many machine-made rugs will closely resemble a handmade rug superficially, it’s undeniable that the overall production process of handmade rugs is extremely complex and typically attaches a higher price tag.
All of us at Rug Source are huge fans of all types of handmade rugs, and our vast online inventory contains pieces of art from all across the globe. There’s no doubt about it that this is a very special portion of our website, and we’re excited to help you throughout the process of finding the perfect handmade rug for your home or workspace.
Throughout this page we’ll go over the historical significance and beauty of handmade rugs and our general guide to finding the perfect match for your existing room aesthetics and personal taste. We fully understand how important these types of investments are to our clientele, but we must admit that you’re in the right place to purchase an area rug that can exponentially accrue in value over long periods of time.
Besides our quality and affordability, what sets Rug Source apart from the rest of the industry is our unbeatable determination within customer service. Our team of experts is always here to support you throughout every step of the rug shopping experience, and we’ll be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about any particular item within our inventory.
Always feel free to contact us online so we can get you in touch with one of our experts as quickly as possible!
The Historical Significance Behind The Beauty Of Handmade Rugs
Handmade rugs have been around for thousands of years, and still in today’s rug industry they are by far the gold standard. There truly is no better method to create an absolutely exquisite, woven rug design than by utilizing the simplest tools and the mastery of trained weavers and artisans. What’s truly so remarkable about today’s handmade rug industry is that the weaving technique traditions have been handed down from generation to generation and are continuing to thrive.
There are countless variations within the handmade rug world, and every technique offers unique warp and weft interpretations and distinctive design repertoires. There’s no denying how the cultural significance of handmade rugs beyond any doubt sets these rugs apart from the rest of the industry, which is why they’re such special investments for homeowners!
Handmade rugs are still revered today for their intricate storytelling patterns, their durability, and their unbeatable material textures. It’s a beautiful tradition that speaks volumes into the very heart of humanity’s story, and it’s incredible how handmade rugs have not even come close to being surpassed by machines and technology in terms of prestige and elegance.
5 Important Considerations When Searching For A Handmade Rug
Handmade rugs vary dramatically in terms of materials, craftsmanship and aesthetics. It’s important for rug shoppers to have a basic understanding as to what they should be looking for while finding the handmade rug of their dreams, and this is because these are sometimes big investments that shoppers should take seriously.
The following are 5 important considerations you should keep in mind while looking through our collection of high-quality, handmade rugs:
All machine-made rugs lack the overall rarity and quality that coincides with handmade rugs, and the overall difference is the uniqueness of handmade rugs.
Machine-made rugs are mass-produced, which makes all of them generally similar in terms of material feel and appearance. Handmade rugs are completely unique, and they’re typically made while an artist utilizes a drawing to complete the rug. Although there may be certain similarities within each weaver’s style, each handmade rug will undoubtedly exhibit an unbridled uniqueness that simply can’t ever be matched.
Dyes and Materials
Wool and silk are typically the main materials utilized within handmade rugs. There are many rug manufacturers that will use substandard offsets of these materials, but truly handmade rugs will always be made from the real deal. One way to notice the knockoff materials is that they won’t have their natural suppleness and glossiness!
Colorfastness tends to be the way to be able to determine whether or not a rug’s dyes are from the finest quality associated with authentic handmade rugs. One thing you can do is ask a rug dealer like us to test the rug’s dyes, which we’ll be more than happy to do by running a damp cloth over the fibers.
This test is to see if any color attaches itself to the cloth, which is a clear indication that the dyes are cheap or simply not authentically integrated into the rug.
Knots-per-inch (KPI) will help in terms of determining the overall value of a handmade rug. The coloring and overall aesthetics of a rug are always important, but the higher the KPI the more clarity and resolution there will be within these colors and designs. In the world of handmade, Oriental rugs it’s always clarity that speaks loudest.
Our handmade rugs range all the way up to 1,000 KPI, which is about as high as this type of knot count can possibly go!
Your Best Size
It’s always important to know exactly where you want to place your handmade rug within your home or office prior to making any purchasing decisions, because this will help you to more efficiently narrow down your options.
Your Rug Dealer
The last and certainly not least consideration on this list is who you get your handmade rug from. Of course you’ve clearly done your homework by finding yourself on the Rug Source website, and we’re proud to be an authority figure within the handmade and Oriental rug industry.
We are specialists on all of our handmade rugs and will be able to provide ample information pertaining to each item’s country of origin, KPI, age, artist background, and much, much more!
Contact Our Team Of Experts Today For More Information!
All of us at Rug Source take pride in our work and online inventory, and we’re very excited to help you find the perfect handmade rug that matches your existing aesthetics and personality.
There’s truly a lot that goes into this type of rug purchase, so we know you’re likely to have questions. Always feel free to contact us online or call us today at 980-422-4080 or 704-763-0979 for more information so one of our experts can keep you and your rug search on the right track!